Sunday, September 28, 2008

My first Street bike/bullet bike experience!

I went on my first street bike ride. I always called these bikes bullet bikes but my friend Brent (the owner) called it his street bike. See the little tiny seat on the back? That is the one that I sat on. Brent gave me street bike 101.
1. don't smash the driver, (because as a man he wants to have children some day). So every time we stop or slow down he instructed me to put my on the motor part up front to brace myself so all my weight did not go on him.
2. When you turn lean with the bike so it will turn. It felt like we were going to tip over when we turned but I trusted his judgement and leaned with him and all turned out alright.
3. You must wear all the street bike gear, (big bulky padded jacket, gloves, and helmet). Usually he wears special street bike boots but he let me pass from those. I was going to take a picture of myself but I forgot until after the fact. I looked so big and bulky, I could not hardly bend my arms. But he said that I how I would be protected if we crashed. :)

I ended up keeping my hands on the front motor part the whole time we rode to keep myself from leaning on him at all. I did not know him very well and did not want my body to be against his. My arms started to get tired so it was a good thing that we did not go for very long. It was a lot of fun. So now I can say that I have ridden on a street bike. Woo Hoo!
Oh by the way if anyone knows how to rotate pictures after you have uploaded them, please let me know.



No comments: