Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Winger's and My placement.





This is at Wingers the night before I left for Las Vegas. My mom paid and Angelee came. Look how good these pictures turned out? You can't even tell that we are related huh? We had a concrete pie with chocolate and caramel sauce on it. Also my mom and I got a steak with vegetables, mashed potatoes, and some wings. The steak was pretty good to my suprise. I told them medium rare and it was, that does not happen very often. I cried the next morning and got really scared but nothing that a long hug from my mom couldn't fix then I left.

I am loving my digital camera, it is so easy to put them on my computer and upload them on here. It is like scrapbooking, but better becuase it takes to cutting, gluing or creativity on my part.

Oh by the way I found out my placement today at 9 pm. I guess that I got the email at 5 pm, but I was on my little drive then. 3 of my neighbors are going to the same school, so we are going to car pool tomorrow morning. I am driving, it is only 20 minutes away. My neighbors said that it is in the getto, but you don't have to take the interstate. My school is called the Hal Smith Elementary school. The children don't come until monday and I we are suppose to report the the secretary and she will tell us what grade and teacher we have. Talk about being informative and prepared, but hey I guess whatever comes, comes.

I am starting to feel more at home here, it is hot but cold in the buildings becuase they turn the air conditioners so high. Even in my apartment my feet and hands get cold, but I am scared to turn it warmer becuase I don't want to bake like it is outside. At noon it turns into a big heat wave, but the evenings are about the right temperature for me. But I like to be warm, my roommates think that it is still too hot. I will take a picture of my school tomorrow. :) love you all and can't wait to talk to you or see you again.

2 comments:

ang said...

the lighting in that pic looks funny or are we all just gettin old. not sure but i have seen cuter pics of myself. I am glad that you got your placement. do you know what grade you will be with. or if you are doing your special ed first of second. Thanks for keepin in touch I cant wait to hear how school was today for you talk to you later. try not to gain to much wieght down there but make sure you try a good variety of fun places to eat. did you know that they have a chocolate factory and cranberry factory down there. they make al the ocean spray of something like that you could look them up if you wanted.

ang said...

Hey, this is fun! But where did the pictures go of your loaded car? I think I will like 3rd grade and I like having another teacher who has already done it. What's the temp down there? Coulson and Nessa got home today. Good to see you. Love ya, mom