Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The town







Today I got some guts and drove farther than across the street. I went down the street to Albertson's first. :) baby steps of course. I am kinda scared of this big city, but my GPS system is helping me tremendously, I found my church, institute building, target, and even a public library. I drove right to them, they were not more than a couple miles away. The library was amazing, it was huge, well for a public library anyway. I put my name on the waiting list for Stephanie Meyer's 4th book of the twilight series. I am number 431, but the librarian told me that they have 165 copies of it and that they circulate pretty fast. So I expect to have the book in the next month or so. I did check out "Messenger" by Lois Lowry, it is the third book to "The Giver". Everytime that I have tried to check it I have been put on a waiting list. But the pros to living in a big city is that there are a lot of copies for the a lot of people, so I finally get to read it. There is every kind of restaurant here, all I have to do is pick. There is french, asian, american, sushi, seafood, you name it. It is so different from the limited selection in Rexburg. Another plus is that all of these kinds of restuarants are within 5 miles of my apartment. I am going to have to try the sushi and seafood soon. Oh so that means that if any of you want to send me donations so I can try these cusiunes it would be greatly appreciated. I am really starting to like this town with how close everything is. Oh I forgot to mention that Wal-mart is a grocery store only here. They have a couple of super Wal-marts but mostly supercenters as they call them. Weird huh.



No comments: