Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I started school!!

The Kids started school on Monday. Each day is different. The kids that get on my nerves one day don't the next and ones that didn't the day before get on my nerves today. There is a little black girl named Khaylah that keeps smiling at me the whole day. We have to be really strict at first but then we can ease back. but we are all warming up to each other day be day. I am getting nervous to actually teach. So pray for me. I hope all goes well. I have been testing and helping where I am needed. The students have figured out that I am a teacher too and will help and enforce rules too. They are really cute. We have 3 white kids, 1 asian, 10 or so mexicans, and 15 or so blacks. So it is wierd with the different cultures. I have never been in the minority before, but now they see that I am nice too. They are a lot of fun and say the funniest things. I am slowly learning to break things down so they understand.
There is one little black boy that can't read at all because he does not have any concept of sounds of letters and blending. So I am going to start to work on sight words with him on flash cards. I try to break things down for him. It is harder than I thought.

No comments: