Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Houses

So this is new to me too. All the housing complexes and apartments have walls around them and big gates to get in and out of them. Angelee corrected me and told me that they are called gated communities. I guess that it helps cut down on burglary. Some girls in my ward said that when she moved here to do her student teaching, she got here at 1 in the morning and unloaded only half of her car and when she came out in the morning lock was broken (she said it looked like they used a screw driver to break it) and some of her things were stolen. They must have jumped the wall. So guess the wall doesn't stop them. But then we got a security guard and there has not been any reported break ins since then. So that makes me feel a little safer in my little apartment. This town reminds of me of Salt Lake with how close everything is, but I think that it really might me easier to find things here. Also the drivers are little more considerate to let you in and not cut you off and speed so much.

No comments: