Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Roller Blading!

So I am an official Roller Blader! Tyler has been talking about it for a couple of weeks trying to convince me. I have not done it since I was 12 so I can't honestly remember how to do it. So we went to Deleta and took Ang's kids and we rented roller blades. It was actually easier than roller skating. I told Tyler this and he takes this as okay lets go buy some. I was a little hesitant because everyone knows that once you buy you are committed and I did not know if I liked it that much. We went shopping one night for them and within 30 minutes and only 2 stores we both had a pair of new roller blades. I did not know what I was getting myself into. As most of you know I have extreme athletic ability. :) ha ha ha. So we went to Jensen's grove to try out the short mile green belt. It actually was not that bad. My shins and hips started to burn and my fingers got a little cold from the wonderful spring weather we have, but I did not even fall down! I was pretty proud of myself. The bridge was a little difficult. It was a good thing that there were railings that I could inch myself along with. :)
Now Tyler wants to go everyday and eventually go around the long green belt which is 8 miles long! I don't know about that one, but the short 1 mile was is fun. Except for the wind blowing against you makes you work a little harder. :) Tyler also seems to think that practice will make me get better. I had to inform him that it is probably not in my cards to get good at anything athletic. It is fun, but I will probably not get much better than I am right now. :) He doesn't make me feel like I am that bad, which is good. He is so positive and makes me feel like I can do anything that I want. I guess that makes him a perfect match for me. He plays with me, makes me laugh, and makes me feel and want to be better. He says that I do the same for him. :) This must be meant to be. :)

No comments: