Thursday, April 15, 2010

DOG OWNER!

So now Tyler has a new great idea! It is to adopt a dog. :) I don't hate dogs, I think they are sweet and fun sometimes. But I don't like to take care of them. I hate the smell, poop, food, breath, slobber and fur. This makes me sound horrible. I like dogs if they are not mine and I don't have to take care of them. It is like having a furry kid that chews on things. But after a long grueling discussion we compromised that he could get a dog if he trained it really well, it was warm during winter, and I did not have to lift a finger to take care or clean up after it. I had no idea that Tyler liked dogs that much. :) I hate not giving him anything that he wants, so I can compromise. I want him to be happy too.
Maybe it won't be as bad as I anticipate. I just had a bad experience with my family dog growing up. She would do okay when we were in the room, but as soon as we would leave she would do whatever she wanted. Climb on the couch, table, or beds. Then do her little business right in front of my bedroom door in the basement. She was such a brat and I hated that no body would do anything about it except for me. My mom even made me clean it up! I could have killed her by the time I moved out. So..... she really put a bad taste in my mouth about dogs. Tyler assures me that it will be different and we can get rid of it if he is not training well. That made me feel better.
I guess I am a little worried about the dog taking to much of his attention. I guess I am a little selfish, I want to have his undivided attention for the first while when we get married. I will give him mine in return. :) Tyler assures me that the dog will not take that much time and he will still spend more time with me than the dog.
Oh I always wanted to name a dog Pickles. Tyler did not like that very much. So he said it could be short for Picklicious, then it would be okay. What do you think? lol

1 comment:

Jenni said...

hahaha I think you guys should get the dog a few months after you've been married, but before you have kids. I think waiting til you've been married for a few months is good, so that you've had time with him all to yourself but mostly so the dog can be trained by both of you, so he recognizes that both of you are in need and deserve respect. Also, it is good practice for how you'll raise your kids. I am in favor of a dog very very much!!