Saturday, November 6, 2010

The honey moon!

My honeymoon was so great. I took a nap everyday and ate the most gourmet food I have ever had. There was lobster, filet mingnon, ceasar salad with real anchovies on top, duck, crème brulet, sushi, pizza, sandwiches, eggs benedict, scallops, shrimp, and ice cream machines everywhere. The sushi was not as good as I thought it would be, but the rest was heaven. By the time I got back I was ready for just a plain sandwich or hamburger. There was a salt water pool and hot tub on the boat and some really great shows. The would dance and sing, and have great effects. Then there were some karaoke nights, they provided costumes, live band, and back up dancers for the performers. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. We laughed so hard. We would go to bed every night at like midnight and that is when everyone else would get up. Some people were always drunk. We would order a smoothie and they would say, but that does not have alcohal in it, and we would say, we know, exactly our point. Ha ha. I think we were about the only ones that did not drink besides the kids. The drinks were like 8 bucks each though, I don’t know how people afforded it. I guess some had 500 dollar drinking tabs or more by the end. It was crazy. We stopped at Puerto Vallarta first and the locals were giving out free shots about every other shop, and they asked us what we do for fun if we do not drink. It was pretty funny. It was a poor city, but very beautiful. We walked around until we were about to die. Then got back on the boat. Everyone wanted to sell us stuff. They would say “ hey amigo or amigo, almost free 1 dollar to go to that island and 29 to get back.” That was the best one that we heard. I got tired of people talking to me. Tyler told me I was being rude to ignore them, I did not even want to talk to them anymore though. Then we went to Malzotan and walked down the beach and picked up sea shells and then went to the sea shell museum. They had all kinds of designs made of all different colors of sea shells. They even had a fountain with huge shells that the water ran off of. It was awesome. We also stopped at a Mexican restaurant and it was heaven. We don’t have that kind of Mexican food here. Then the last stop was Cabo, it was beautiful, the water was blue, with white sandy beaches. We rode on a glass bottom boat and went to lovers beach, then on the other side was divorce beach. It was funny. The waves on divorce beach were huge and angry then just on the other side they were nice and calm. It was pretty funny. We threw bread in the water and the tropical fish would come right to the surface. It was so awesome. I think next time we will do some snorkeling or scuba diving. We also saw some sea lions. I got a tan and some pretty fun sun dresses. It was freezing when we got back. We had to wait at the airport in California for 7 hours and our plane got delayed for an hour so we did not get to salt lake until 11:30 and we still had to drive back. We got home at 3:30 am and still had to go to work on Monday. We were pretty tired, we had to eat out a couple of times the first week because we did not have anything. Not even a shower curtain. Lol it was pretty funny.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That sounds like a fun honeymoon! I'm so glad you could go and have fun.